Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Highslide  (Read 5669 times)

ChrisXPPro

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Forever Learning
    • ACB Systems
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Highslide
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:39:34 PM »
Must admit I haven't dug deep to see what else is here on this subject - also thought of putting it in web design but - here perhaps is also suitable.

Since kpac had mentioned about this I did some digging and find it an amazing system (www.highslide.com/).  While most is done for you, the astounding numbers of variables and css selectors takes a bit of wading thru.  I have used a ''zooming'' script system before which is not bad but nowhere near this in potential - this was a test page.

I have just put together a Highslide trial page with a bunch of ''off-the-web'' pics - ones in fact I had used for a php gallery selection a while ago - and laid them out just in a simple table matrix.

Thus far they are using pretty much the basic set up - and at bottom I started playing with the html opening box ... and so am calling the highslide-full.js file.  As yet I can't quite get the measure of the self rendering content aspect for this ..... with regard to incorporating into the code block.  Also - anyone familiar with the ajax aspect/options.  This bit of code ...

Code: [Select]
<a href="ajax.htm#my-div"
        onclick="return hs.htmlExpand(this, { objectType: 'ajax'} )" >
    AJAX content
</a>

is re displaying ajax content but so far I haven't gotten switched on to that - the ''how'' and ''why" - quite how ajax fits in.

Early days but an interesting journey playing with this for sure!!  Be interested for any views and feedback from anyone else playing with it - folks more experienced with it or Jscript generally.
Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!