Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where could I download MS-DOS 6.22? Is it free?  (Read 9570 times)

php111

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Where could I download MS-DOS 6.22? Is it free?
    « on: December 10, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »
    Is MS-DOS 6.22 free to download? I have MS-DOS 6.22 but it's in a different language. I have mine as ISO's on CD's. I didn't make the ISO's myself. I don't have a floppy drive. Could I get it for free as an ISO?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Where could I download MS-DOS 6.22? Is it free?
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »
    MS-DOS 6.22 was only released in a 3-floppy set AFAIK; it's also still under Microsoft's copyright and any discussion about where to obtain it would breach the forum rules.

However- there are bootdisks available from bootdisk.com; you can use tools like WinImage or ImgBurn to create ISO files from the DOS boot disks.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

php111

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »
      MS-DOS 6.22 was only released in a 3-floppy set AFAIK; it's also still under Microsoft's copyright and any discussion about where to obtain it would breach the forum rules.

However- there are bootdisks available from bootdisk.com; you can use tools like WinImage or ImgBurn to create ISO files from the DOS boot disks.

Thank you. I knew DOS was Microsoft. I thought maybe MS would let DOS free. I am sorry about that part.

Would DOS bootdisk's be the same as MS-DOS 6.22, or is it different?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 02:12:56 PM »
      The boot disks will only contain the essentials; command.com, the boot loader, etc.

Stuff it won't contain are all the utilities, such as MORE, FIND, etc.

I don't know how MS made the multiple languages of DOS, but it is feasible that you could take the core files from a English Boot disk and use the utilities from your foreign version; whether it will actually work I couldn't say.

Also- I looked it up, and I was wrong, DOS 6.22 was actually 4 floppies. (not that it matters, but I thought I'd correct myself anyway)

Google searches might help you find some Disc images; the trouble then would be getting it onto a CD...
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

php111

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »
        The boot disks will only contain the essentials; command.com, the boot loader, etc.

Stuff it won't contain are all the utilities, such as MORE, FIND, etc.

I don't know how MS made the multiple languages of DOS, but it is feasible that you could take the core files from a English Boot disk and use the utilities from your foreign version; whether it will actually work I couldn't say.

Also- I looked it up, and I was wrong, DOS 6.22 was actually 4 floppies. (not that it matters, but I thought I'd correct myself anyway)

Google searches might help you find some Disc images; the trouble then would be getting it onto a CD...

I can't do anything with DOS. I can't do anything now. I have a thread here in Windows section. I have a thread on techguy, about pushing towards page 2 with no replies. I can't run EXE files. I found I can run the DivX installer. It's I am getting this error I never seen before. I let someone reply to my thread. I be patient. I go and listen to some music on my Blackberry.