Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver? or computer  (Read 4966 times)

Golden244

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Driver? or computer
    « on: February 08, 2009, 07:18:37 PM »
    I have 3 problems...

The first one is with Cabal online
    http://cabal.ogplanet.com/main.og

After about 5 mins of playing it just quits out on me and then when it goes back to my desktop my graphics are crap and i have to restart my computer to get it back to normal graphics.

my second problem is with Silkroad Online
    silkroadcp.joymax.com/

When it starts up it gets this fancy screen (requires lots of Graphics) anyways it freezes right if i manage to get past that and the servers are not full then it freezes after it finishes loading my character...

my third problem has nothing to do with games >.< and isn't that imported..

but when i go to google, search something, and click on the link... it doesn't always bring me to the page that it said it would.

I have NVIDIA Geforce FX 5500

and..

I'm not sure if it is my computer or graphics driver.

if you can help me fix any of these problems post back :P

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Driver? or computer
    « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:19:16 AM »
    Does your system meet the requirements to play those games? I don't know the specs of the games or the specs for your video card but it sounds to me like the video card doesn't meet the requirements to play those games.

I know that my comp doesn't meet all the video card requirements to play certain games but they will start and run until I get to a really graphic intense part and I get the same thing that you do. (I get kicked to the desk top and my graphics are all screwy)

As far as the web not going to the site you directed it to you might want to follow the below link to run some scans and then follow the second link and post the results there.

Follow this link for scans
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

Follow this link to post results from scans.
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

Golden244

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:55:40 PM »
      Alright, Thanks. I might upgrade my hard drive soon, hopefully it will work then. if anyone has any more solutions reply!

mannsupreme

Beginner
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »
        upgrading you hard drive wont help you to run those games, by the looks of the game and the looks of your system you will need to make some drastic improvements to play it. when it chucks you back to the windows screen it is probably because you graphics card cant support the game.

ive found the minimum requirements
        http://pinoycabal.wordpress.com/2008/03/17/system-requirements/

your RAM isn't large enough to play the game and your processor will just about be able to handle it. it just requires a much better graphics card.
        but if you wanna play an MMO effectively you should be trying to exceed even the recommended Specs
        Why did the lion get lost?
        Because jungle is massive!

Golden244

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »
          Well cabal played fine until i had some problems so i had to start using nvidia... thats when the problem started

as for silkroad... it worked once but after that.....

for going to the wrong page.. i just scanned with avg 8... ^^

mroilfield

Mentor
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:30:25 PM »
          Well cabal played fine until i had some problems so i had to start using nvidia... thats when the problem started

Are you saying that it worked fine and then you had a problem with your video card so then you changed to a Nvidia card and now it has problems?

You say you just scanned with AVG 8 but didn't say if it found anything or not. Are you still getting redirected to a different site then the one you clicked on?

Since there isn't one single program that will detect all threats it is good to scan with a few different programs
          You can't fix Stupid!!!

Golden

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
            Yeah something wasn't working, when i started up the screen was black so you guys told be to download the nvidia driver. it worked fine but not well for the game.

and yes it deleted the virus so now it goes to the right page.