Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: re: Question on routers  (Read 2545 times)

pa18

Topic Starter

Rookie

re: Question on routers
    « on: December 19, 2008, 08:21:51 AM »
    I have a router and I have an ethernet cable connected to it and this is connected to my PC. This PC is in the other room.

Now I want to connect my broadband TV set box (which is in the same room as my PC) to the router, but I do not want to stretch another ethernet cable to this box.

Is there any way I can use the same cable that is already connected to my PC to share?

I think it is something to purchase a hub/switch but I'm not sure if I'm on the correct path here.

Thanks for listening.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: re: Question on routers
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 01:07:00 PM »
    Are you sure you can connect a "broadband TV set box" to a router?  I've never heard of connecting a TV to a router, so I was just wondering whether you know, for a fact, that can be done.  Is the "broadband TV set box" a device designed specifically for connection to a computer router, which I presume is connected to a cable modem? 

Do you not have TV cable wiring to any other room?  What about using a cable splitter and running a standard coaxial cable to the TV?