Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: trying to create a slideshow in a window instead of full screen  (Read 2607 times)

rojerd

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    trying to create a slideshow in a window instead of full screen
    « on: December 18, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »
    Hi, my computer is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 3800+ with 2GB of ram and an nVidia GeForce 7600 GT (256 MB I think) gfx card.  My os is XP pro.

I've spent the last few hours trying to create a photo slideshow THAT WILL PLAY IN A DEDICATED WINDOW.  I know that all I have to do to run a slideshow is hit "view as slideshow" in the sidebar of the photo folder, but it automatically plays in full screen - I do NOT want full screen. 

I have downloaded several free apps, but it turns out that they're all just trial software that expires after 2 weeks. 

I thought I found a solution in Google Desktop's photo gadget, but when I increase the size of the window, it doesn't adjust the photo to fit - ie, if I expand the window, the whole photo is NOT centered/resized - and therefore I cannot see the whole picture. 

I run dual LCDs set to Horizontal Span.  What I would like to be able to do, is have a slideshow on one monitor (as a window open on the desktop just like any other window, eg a Word document) and be able to continue to do other tasks in the opposite monitor (or even have the slideshow set up as a small window occupying only part of one screen).  When I imagine this, I think of the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (ie capable of zooming/skipping images), except running in a slideshow mode within that application itself. 

Anyway, I've found this adventure unbelievably frustrating.  Does anyone have any solutions?  I'm looking for either a solution within XP itself, or a recommend freeware app.

thanks a lot for your time, and any advice you can offer

Rojer
    System: Vista SP1; AMD X2 3800+; 2GB of DDR 400 RAM; 80GB Seagate PATA IDE;  Creative SB Audigy 2ZS; + 2 ASUS VH242H LCDs

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: trying to create a slideshow in a window instead of full screen
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 10:25:13 AM »
    I run dual LCDs set to Horizontal Span.
    So, you normally see all program windows spanning both monitors, right?  Have you tried changing your display settings?  I believe you should cancel the horizontal span to achieve your objective.