Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE won't search  (Read 3546 times)

hosanna

Topic Starter

Starter

IE won't search
    « on: January 05, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
    I am using Windows XP and so frustrated when searching the web.  When i enter a search category, i.e. shoes, and then click on one of the sites found by Yahoo, IE gives me the "not responding" message and freezes.  But I can type in the address of a site or select a site from my list of favorites with no problem.  It only locks up when i am selecting from the "hits" page of suggested sites. i have the same problem when using Yahoo through Firefox.

Would appreciate any advice i can get on how to fix this extremely annoying problem. 

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: IE won't search
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »
    Please, post some computer info:
    - processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows key, hit Pause/Break key)
    - hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

Download HijackThis:
    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
    Click on Download HijackThis Installer
    Post HijackTHis log.

truenorth

Guru

Re: IE won't search
      « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 11:37:12 AM »
      hosanna, In addition to what Broni is suggesting. When you see the item you want to go to on the open page instead of the traditional left mouse click try to right click on the item and select "open in a new window" and tell us what happens. truenorth