Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unidentified network when connecting wirelessly - Computer cannot find router  (Read 2277 times)

Chocoholic

Topic Starter

When i try to connect my computer wirelessly it keeps telling me that it is an "unidentified network". I already have two other computers hooked up to the same router so i dont know what the problem is. The Access is local only instead of being local and internet. The computer can connect to the network but not to the actual internet. When i click "search for devices" it cannot find my router. The WIFI light on the side of the laptop does not flash like it is supposed to. I have tried many things such as uninstalling the drivers, disabling Norton, turning off firewalls and telling the computer to automatically select an IP address.

Please reply if you have a solution to the problem or if you need any more information.

jlsdust

Beginner

That's weird!

What OS are used on the ones that are connected and the one is not?
      XP or Vista?

Also here is an article that maybe will help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

Chocoholic

Topic Starter

The main computer where the router is connected to is XP and the other 2 are Vista.