Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can only connect to net in Safe mode  (Read 3169 times)

SierraGT

Topic Starter

Can only connect to net in Safe mode
    « on: January 11, 2009, 12:43:09 PM »
    It seems as though something happened overnight and now I can only connect to the internet in Safe Mode.

Things I've tried:
    -Using three different browsers
    -Ditching the router and going direct connect
    -System Restore
    -Disabling, repairing, enabling connection

When I start in normal mode, I can connect to the internet for just a moment if I open my browser as soon as it boots up but as soon as everything loads up it wont connect at all.  It shows me as being connected to my network just fine, but wont load any pages.

Please help me out and let me know what you need from me.  I'm running XP and have HijackThis if you need to see a log from that.  I did install a new print a couple weeks ago (HP Photosmart) in case that could mess up anything.  Thanks.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Can only connect to net in Safe mode
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:43:45 AM »
    When exactly did this problem start?
    You can connect fine with Safe Mode? (Safe Mode With Networking I presume)

What Operating System is this?

Go ahead and post he HijackThis Log.

SierraGT

Topic Starter

Re: Can only connect to net in Safe mode
      « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »
      I just figured it out... it was my Trend Micro Internet Security.  Its worked fine until now but I started in normal boot and tried disabling the anti virus, firewall and everything else trend has and it still didnt work until I completely closed down the entire program.  Then I could connect in regular mode.  So now trend is uninstalled and I'm running avast everything is fine.  Ever heard of anything like this before?