Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express  (Read 2031 times)

Mrs. R.

Topic Starter

Starter

Outlook Express
    « on: January 07, 2009, 01:31:49 PM »
    I have 2 email accounts in Outlook Express, one of which is AOL.  In my AOL "inbox" I have 3 deleted messages that I am unable to remove because I receive an error message stating " Outlook Express is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available."
    Does anyone know how I can remove them?
    Thanks!!

rsout

Starter

Re: Outlook Express
      « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
      Try highlighting the message you want to remove and hitting delete on your keyboard.

Mrs. R.

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:27:37 AM »
        My messages show that they are deleted (line running through them), but I'm unable to remove them from my inbox.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:40:07 AM »
        Send them to the Trash folder and see if you can then delete them///
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mrs. R.

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 09:12:26 AM »
          I'm afraid I haven't given sufficient details.  Here's the problem.  I receive mail from my Verizon and AOL accounts through Outlook Express 6.  I have no problem with the Verizon inbox.  However, with SOME messages coming across the AOL account (not all), I receive a message stating that they are no longer available through the server.  I have deleted them and they now have a line running across them.  However, when I try to purge the deleted messages (my only option), nothing happens.  I even tried to move them to a new folder hoping I could delete them that way, but then the program doesn't respond and I have to end task  I hate to think that I'm going to have to look at these old messages for YEARS!!  :)