Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gpu fan reverts back to 54% after i clock it at 90%  (Read 1869 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Gpu fan reverts back to 54% after i clock it at 90%
    « on: February 09, 2009, 05:10:51 AM »
    Ok so i use rivatuner to turn up my gpu fan up, and every time i alt tab out of game , it goes back to 44%.

It also does it randomly about 20 minutes after ive done it. Im not 100% sure if the alt and tabbing out of game has anything to do with it.

Anyone know why it could be doing it?

Ive recently formatted the computer , could it be driver related?
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Gpu fan reverts back to 54% after i clock it at 90%
    « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:56:18 AM »
    Could just be the video card reacting to the drop in activity. Depending on the temperatures of the card under load conditions, it may be that it's not getting hot enough to warrent the cooling fan going full blast. E.g. the card is at 60C and the load drops to 10% then the temperature would still dissipate safely at a lower fan speed.