Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unexplained modem/router/internet problem  (Read 2454 times)

DangerousRaccoon

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Unexplained modem/router/internet problem
    « on: February 12, 2009, 02:13:48 AM »
    It's a NetComm NB6Plus4W ADSL2+ Modem router that I received with my internet plan this week.

This is the problem: After I ran the setup disc the internet was connected and working. But after about an hour the power light on the modem went red and all the lights went off and then came back on green. Like it rebooted. I checked the power cables and they were fine. But after that happened the internet was only connected locally and not to the internet. I tried to repair it but it said that there was something wrong with it's DNS settings? So I think it had been reset to it's default. I ran the setup disk again and it worked fine the rest of the day. The next morning it was working fine until I tried to connect another computer through the wireless and it rebooted again.  Basically now this keeps happening and I have to keep running the disc/remembering a new SSID and WPA key. What's the problem here? How do I keep it from rebooting and resetting the settings? It's happened about seven times. Thanks if you can help.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unexplained modem/router/internet problem
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:35:27 AM »
    Ask them to exchange it for a new one.
    Stuff goes bad, even when new.