Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Silly question  (Read 4346 times)

SmittySr

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Silly question
    « on: February 22, 2009, 02:13:14 PM »
    This maybe a silly question, but I am going to ask anyway.  This has been driving me nuts, I have just recently been dabbling with gaming on my PC.  I installed Tiger Woods 2008 and everything is perfect, except,  the machine wont let me play the game with the controller I bought (logitech dual action USB).  It will however let me play using my mouse.  I'm sure there is something that I am missing? 

Please help the rookie. :'(

beanhead07

Hopeful
      Re: Silly question
      « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »
      With some of the logitech controllers you have to download software (normally comes with the controllers). I have a couple of those controllers myself. I don't remember if they are plug and play though. Also if you haven't already, check in the game options to see if you can change the controls to work with your controller. Sorry if this doesn't help any, hopefully it does though.
      If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

SmittySr

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:53:36 PM »
        I did get a driver disk with the controller, and successfully loaded it.  I can go into control panel and access the controller to run a test sequence on it.  I also went through all the options that I could find on the game and didn't recognize anything that looked like it would fix the issue.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
        Then the game either doesnt support the controller or your missing the settings in the game

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 02:14:30 PM »
          You probably dont have it set it varies on the game but some times you have to do it manually.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

fakewaterwalker

Rookie
            « Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
            keep in mind vista is renown for its lack of plug and play options, i had the same controller it worked with xp, but vista wouldn't recongnize it...
            Are you infected yet? It happens to everyone,don't hide.
            Time is running out.  :,(

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »
              you probably needed a seperate driver.  there for the answer to your question that your going to ask is in it.
              Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres