Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer is dead I think or at least broken. Need guidance plz!  (Read 2983 times)

bjack2345

Topic Starter

Starter

computer is dead I think or at least broken. Need guidance plz!
    « on: February 23, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
    I was on the net downloading something I probably shouldn't have obviously or I would not be in this situation.  I had a pop-up on my task bar saying I had a virus and needed to download and scan.  I did not click on it in case it was more problems.  My internet would not close and my computer was totally frozen.  So I had to hold the power button and do a hard shut down.  When I restarted my computer it went through the normal sequence of events that it would normally.  I came to the log in screen and entered my password and my computer continued to do it's thing.  My desktop picture appeared as it always does but that is where everything gets strange.  My task bar does not appear nor does any of my icons.  All that is showing is my desktop picture.  I tried all buttons and mouse clicks to no avail, nothing is happening.  I tried alt, ctrl, delete hoping to view my task manager and it doesn't work and gives me a message about my admin disabled the task manager.  So I did a hard shut down again and tried booting in safe mode.  It did boot in safe mode but still the same results.  A black screen with no task bar or icons with safe mode in each corner.  So that is where I am at and I need some help from all of you that are much more knowledgeable than me about this and I thank you in advance for any and all suggestions that might come my way as I need to get up and running so I can continue to have a job.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: computer is dead I think or at least broken. Need guidance plz!
      « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 02:12:21 PM »
      defineatly seems like your infected, can you click on anything in the start menu?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

bjack2345

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 02:16:28 PM »
        No nothing at all.  I can see my mouse cursor but there is nothing to click on.  I even tried the windows start button on my keyboard and still no luck.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 02:22:24 PM »
          can you try booting off your install disk and doing a repair?
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres