Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 Pro problem  (Read 2309 times)

JohnPA

Topic Starter

Outlook 2003 Pro problem
    « on: March 12, 2009, 04:37:07 AM »
    Hello,

I've recently developed a problem with Outlook Pro 2003 on my non-networked computer, which runs XP.

When I click Sent Items the folder will not open and I instead get the message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location."  The same problem has begun to occur with Calendar.  I've seen a number of postings on other sites about similar problems, but these all seem to involve MS Exchange.

Any help your members could supply will be gratefully received.  Please note that I have next to no technical knowledge of computing so I'd appreciate it if your replies were pitched at dummy level.

Thanks

John.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Outlook 2003 Pro problem
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:41:28 AM »
      Have you tried clicking on Help / Detect and repair?

Alan <>< :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

JohnPA

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 06:10:38 AM »
        Thanks Alan,

I tried 'Detect and Repair', which appeared to reinstall Outlook.  I was able to access the sent items, but today the problem reoccurred.  Any thoughts on why this may have happened. 

Also, any idea where the sent items are likely to be stored on the computer?  I can't find them.

John. 

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »
          Sorry but no.  I quite using Outlook because it kept giving me problem after problem.  I'm using Thunderbird and with the extensions you can add on it's just as efficient as Outlook...was.

Alan <><  :D
          I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!