Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help choosing a new keyboard  (Read 2671 times)

trytobewithit

help choosing a new keyboard
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:04:29 AM »
I need to replace my keyboard and am considering going wireless.  What are the drawbacks to using a wireless keyboard?  If your computer acts up does the keyboard still work I wonder?

gussery

Re: help choosing a new keyboard
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 05:08:33 AM »
Yep the keyboard still works.  I love my wireless keyboards (yes that is plural) and mice.

You just need to be aware that if there are more than one system with wireless keyboards or mice within a small distance from each other you may get some interference.

Also if you purchase the really cheap ones be prepared to replace the batteries often.  I've had my Microsoft Wireless Elite keyboard and mouse for over a year and haven't had to replace the batteries in the keyboard yet, in the mouse I have replaced them once.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: help choosing a new keyboard
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:50:20 PM »
Actually, if you spend the extra $10 , then you can just buy a rechargable mouse.... I know that my wireless keyboard runs on 3 AA batteries... It's been there for two years... Never replaced....

[glb]Flame[/glb]