Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OL2000 Error: Can't move the items.  (Read 3520 times)

R Theta

OL2000 Error: Can't move the items.
« on: May 07, 2005, 08:38:05 PM »
Long story short the PST file went over 2 GB even though that's theoretically not supposed to be permitted with SR1, but it happened anyway. After cropping 25 MB and running scanpst, the resulting PST file appears to have most of the
mail. However, the gotchya is that I can't move that mail into a new usable PST file. Whenever I try I get the message:

Can't move the items. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.

It appears that all the information necessary to do this is there, but Outlook seems to refuse to permit this. Using import from the PST results in a similar error at the very end of importing (resulting in none of the emails being
permitted). I can view them in the "repaired" PST file but this obviously does no good for continued use. Does anyone have any idea how to successfully rescue these emails, attachments intact? Thanks!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: OL2000 Error: Can't move the items.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:53:16 PM »
Is this your problem here? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223462 ...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

cigarman

Intermediate
    « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 02:12:15 PM »
    Are you trying to move some files from your 1st pst to a 2nd pst file to reduce the size of the 1st?  And Outlook 2000 will not allow it?  You used scanpst.exe to check for errors and don't find any?

How many archives have you got connected?  Try disconnect the ones you don't use for now until you can move your files, if you still can't move then create a new archive and try moving them.

Can you delete from the 1st pst?

;)

R Theta

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 09:46:25 PM »
    Yes I am trying to move some messages from the 1st PST to a second PST, and it is not allowed, I get the Can't move the items message listed above.  I use scanpst and find no errors.

cigarman

Intermediate
      « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »
      Can you create another archive pst file and try moving to the new pst?
      ;)