Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with Computer problems  (Read 2560 times)

blackmamba509

Topic Starter

Need help with Computer problems
    « on: March 23, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »
    I am having an array of issues with my computer. Most of the time, it will not boot properly. when it does I am getting a variety of errors. Sometimes I get the Blue screen with various errors on them but the screen closes too quickly for me to read what it is saying. I have managed to grasp something bad_pool and memory_something?  Other times I receive a message that the Windows activation key is not active and that I need to put a new activation key in. I am receiving errors that Windows is not operational. I am also receiving an error about RUNDLL32? Other times it will start but the icons are huge. It will run and then shut down within a few minutes. Other times it will start with the errors and run fine. I just allow it to run without shutting it down or putting it in sleep mode until it decides to turn itself off again. I have been propted to do all kinds of checks which have done nothing to correct the problem. I am running Trend Micro and I keep getting messages that I need to update my parental controls. Sometimes the firewall just gets turned off by itself. I have no idea what is wrong with the computer or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I am using an HP laptop running Vista.  Most lately it is installing drivers everytime I get the computer to start. Also, it will often go the the black screen and stay like that until the battery dies. At this point the only way that I have figured out how to get on the computer is to let the battery completely die and try to restart as I can never get it to shut down properly. It seems like I get a new error every time I try to boot the computer. I am not too computer savvy so I have no idea what any of this means. Thanks!

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Need help with Computer problems
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »
    http://w.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthisww

down load the above do a scan and save the log file to your desktop and post it

here an expert will look at it , harry