Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: slow graphic card performance  (Read 2082 times)

gmann1112

Topic Starter

Starter

slow graphic card performance
    « on: April 02, 2009, 08:12:19 AM »
    this is my first post i am running a windows xp sp3 based pc that has a celeron d 3.20 ghz processor an msi ms-7033 915pm mobo with 2gig memory and no on board video. i purchased a pny gforce 8400 gs pci graphic card with 512mb ddr2 memory. all drivers and software are as current as i could get from their manufacturers
    the system seems to be running ok with games such as half life and half life 2 but when i go to the demo programs from nvidia(graphic cpu manufacturer) they run extremely slow like one frame every couple of seconds .
    i would like to know if this is a hardware conflict or is it something else?
    the graphic card processor starts heating up when i even watch videos and runs between 110 and 120 degrees but normaly runs at about 95 at idle
    i would appreciate any help on this issue

thanks
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:03:08 AM by gmann1112 »

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: slow graphic card performance
      « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »
      Try cleaning your video card. Sometimes too much dust causes some parts of the CPU to overheat. Hope this helps you my friend.

gmann1112

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:19 AM »
        thanks for the reply
        the video card is straight out of the box brand new

x2543

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:05:19 PM »
        Try testing on a different computer to see the results. If same as main pc, then probably graphics card may be having issues.

gmann1112

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 02:52:22 PM »
          hey guys just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions
          i just found out that the problem is an issue between the nvidia demos and windows xp

thanks again