Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Will Not Boot  (Read 2485 times)

cdimmoc1

Topic Starter

PC Will Not Boot
    « on: April 01, 2009, 09:43:26 PM »
    I have recently had a power supply failure and have replaced the offending part. Now my PC will not boot up. I have a power on light, but the cooling fans are running at half normal speed and there is no sign of life from my hard drives and DVD players. Could this be due to the RAM (which may have been damaged in the original power supply failure). The strange thing is that the PC did not initially boot, but then it did boot after 3 or 4 tries, and then it did not boot. I am hoping this is not a motherboard issu,

Mulreay

Re: PC Will Not Boot
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »
    As I always say I'm no expert mate but is your power supply the correct one for your system?? You do need the correct power for a system!!

cdimmoc1

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:28 PM »
      The power supply is more than adequate. I chose one with just over 50% more capacity than I required.

KingPincer

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:06:56 AM »
        Why don't you try to look for a power supply that would normally fit for the computer you are using right now. Oh, by the way just be sure to connect the cables for the power supply, the fan, the hard drive, etc.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:57:57 AM »

What was the wattage for the damaged power supply and what is the wattage for the new power supply?
        11 cheers for binary !