Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SONY VGN-290 drivers  (Read 5197 times)

eFan

Topic Starter

Starter
    SONY VGN-290 drivers
    « on: April 02, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »
    I have a sony laptop(model vgn-290). I installed Windows XP in it instead of Windows Vista. But I can't find the drivers for it. There is only Windows Vista drivers on the official website. Where should I find the drivers and sony software for Windows XP,especially the Bluetooth driver.

Thank you.

eFan

Topic Starter

Starter
      Re: SONY VGN-290 drivers
      « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:22:26 PM »
      I forget to tell you that my laptop model is SONY VGN-CR290

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 04:32:21 PM »
      This should have been investigated before you upgraded to XP....
      Some laptops were built with only Vista available...you may have one of those.
      If so you are out of luck.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

eFan

Topic Starter

Starter
        « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:51:31 AM »
        Any reply?

Mark747

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »
          I wouldn't say you're out of luck.  I just bought an HP laptop with Vista on it, and HP provide ZERO drivers for XP and state that they do not support XP for this computer.

Yet here I am, albeit a week later, with my new HP computer and XP finally working reasonably well on it.  I have a few quicklaunch buttons which don't work quite right but otherwise it's all fine.

My suggestion is to go to the Sony website to find out all the hardware your system has, what brands and models, etc.  Then go to the respective "brand" website to find the drivers for the each piece of hardware - they'll likely have suitable drivers.  Also, you may find in some cases that the Vista drivers actually work in XP, as my sound card driver did.

Make a start with that, you'll probably get most if not all of your drivers.
          What I'll also add is that it took me about a week to get my system running properly on XP, and that there's no one place to go to for all drivers - like a driver "pack".  You're probably wishing to hard to expect that, like I was for a while.