Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to do?  (Read 2486 times)

kasrawis

Topic Starter

Beginner

How to do?
    « on: April 22, 2009, 02:25:33 AM »
    Please anyone Help me i have Internet Club and i've 11 computers and a DSL line with two 8 ports switches

the DSL line directly comes from modem and i connect it with one of my switches and all other computers are connected o the same switch

whenever the internet disconnect as some reasons All the sharing stops between my other computers and they show limited connection or no connectivity.

i want to keep my All computers share even the DSL is disconnect please help

thanks in advance

BumFacer

Rookie

• Its not the things they say, its what they whisper
      Re: How to do?
      « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:34:05 AM »
      Does the DSL Router provide the IP settings for all the PCs?  In other words does it run as a DHCP server, proving automatic IP addresses to all the computers connected to it? 
      I suspect this might be the problem - you could set the 11 PCs IP address manually so long as you ensure they are on the same subnet as the DSL router - e.g. if the router's address is 192.168.0.254 then make the PCs 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.12 etc