Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: print/scanner wont install  (Read 1757 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

print/scanner wont install
    « on: May 18, 2009, 11:16:41 AM »
    okay we have an hp connected to my mothers and I got around to installing some of the things she had on her pc orginally.  Thing is that I can run the install and stuff but the printer icon doesnt show up in the controll panel in the printer dir.  Windows 2k, Dell Dimension 4100.  Never had an issue till know.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: print/scanner wont install
    « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »
    It will after you install the Drivers for it
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:26:14 PM »
      patio I've gained more respect from you then I have carbon lately so I'll let that go.  The driver is installed an it see's the printer and ask each time to find a driver.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »
      it see's the printer and ask each time to find a driver.

...but if the driver is installed, the system should not ask to find a driver each time, should it? 

I don't think the driver installed properly.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 05:52:43 PM »
        was thinking the same thing to so I tried again.  Still the same.