Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer  (Read 3287 times)

tazangel52

Topic Starter

Internet Explorer
    « on: June 07, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »
    I have a new laptop and it came with IE 7, Like an idiot I deleted(not just uninstalled) it and d/l IE8. I have been having so many problems with IE 8, mostly whenever I try to go to any webpage I keep getting the Can not display page error. I want to go back to IE 7 but because I deleted it and didnt just uninstall it I can not even use my recovery program (My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite) to reinstall IE 7 and I have not been able to find IE 7 on Microsoft. com to d/l it. I have IE 7 on my other laptop(even have a disk for it) but it is for XP. Help please! Thank you.

<title edited to be more easily accessible>
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:57:03 PM by Carbon Dudeoxide »

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Internet Explorer
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »
    first, try resetting internet explorer to see if it fix problems with your internet explorer 8 --> see following link here if you need help doing that .... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

second, I see you've listed windows vista as your OS .... internet explorer 7 comes with windows vista already, there is no internet explorer 7 download for vista, only for xp and so I wonder how you "uninstalled internet explorer 7" because it's apparently the only version of ie that comes already built into windows vista .... unless you are using a different version of windows than the one you listed

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:05:31 AM by 2x3i5x »

tazangel52

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:21:37 PM »
      Instead of uninstalling the IE 7 that was already on my new laptop, I deleted it. Therefore I can not even use my Toshiba recovery tool to reinstall it because it is no longer anywhere on my computer.

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:29:26 PM »
      how did you delete it?

and I would just go use firefox instead of internet explorer. Most websites work with firefox just fine, except for the rare few for internet explorer.