Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card issues  (Read 2190 times)

deny

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Video card issues
    « on: June 08, 2009, 07:11:07 AM »
    I have a HP Pavilion A350E with ASUS A7N8X-LA mobo. I bought a new video card that requires a connection from the power supplier. I have a Antec 350 Watts psu. I connected everything and the screen doesn't turn on. The fan on the video card is running but the moniter never turns on. The video card is a GeForce 6600GT AGP which says requires a 350 watts psu. I tried another weaker ATI video card that required a 300 Watts psu and still the moniter would not turn on. What can be the issue?

xavier

Re: Video card issues
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:08:40 AM »
    If the cards are good i would [guessing] its the slot agp.Is there a on board video?

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
      « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:56:48 AM »
      Try Connecting the Monitor to the On-board Video , you may need to change some settings in your Bios to Tell it to Look for a Video Card in the AGP slot as by Default it will use its On-board Card

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00006476&dlc=en << This is your mother board yes ?
      Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

deny

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »
        there is no onboard video card. The mobo has a black cover where the onboard vga plug is suppose to go. I don't think it has to do with the onboard video card

deny

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
          I've search in bios and there is only one setting that ask for search for video card on agp or pci and i put it on agp. There is no option for onboard video card. And I had a geforce 5200 in agp before and now i am using it with no problems or conflicts if it had a onboard video card.

2x3i5x

Expert
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »
          if you got a second monitor, try it out and compare. if second monitor works fine, then something is wrong with the monitor in question.