Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer memory problem  (Read 2154 times)

RayBob

Topic Starter

computer memory problem
    « on: June 09, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
    I have windows xp professional.. internet explorer 8 .. problem is that when I log into one of my email accounts it takes me to one of my other email accounts and I have to F5 to take me to the original destination.. as with something like Ebay.. I have 2 ebay accounts.. when I log into one, it takes me to the other even thoiug I am not logged into the other.. again F5 brings me to where I wanted to go... I log out of that account and log onto the other and it just brings me back to the one I just logged out of until I F5 then brings me back to where I wanted to go... This happens with EVERYTHING.. I am constantly hitting F5  F5  F5  .. and now when I list something on Ebay and I want to list another item, I have to log off, shut down, unplug the computer start back up, log onto Ebay again (which goes to my other account) F5 again to bring me where I want to go and then list another item.. This is getting very tiresome.. someone told me that internet explorer is "remember" too much.. ??  I am a beginner so any help on this would be greatly appreciated..  it's the machine from he** that just doesn't want to forget.....

potere scuro

Rookie
      Re: computer memory problem
      « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:03:21 AM »
      Are you autosaving ur passwords to the internet and have you tried deleting your history?
      Death is a relief, An end of pain.

RayBob

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »
        HI.. NO I am not saving my passwords and YES I delete my history ALL the time..  any other suggestions?

TechMaster

Rookie
        • It's the computer's fault
          « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:24:50 PM »
          I would ensure cookies are being removed when you clear the history.
          You may also want to clear the SSL Cache.
          Make sure you are not setting "remember me" when you log in and make sure you log out when done.
          If all else fails then i would try resetting Internet explorer.
          Hope one of these works, good luck!
          I'll back up my data one of these days....