Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Display driver and world of warcraft  (Read 4714 times)

Rebecca

Display driver and world of warcraft
« on: May 31, 2009, 08:34:41 PM »
I think that the answer to my problem is quite simple, although i have been unable to find it. When i try to get into my WoW game, it says "Failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting Program." This is either a problem with my video card, or my driver, so i went to dxdiag, and under display notes it said,

"The system is using the generic video driver.  Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available.  You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer."

So i figured i should just find a new video driver, however I am not quite sure which one i need, so i tried driver detective; then came the whole fine print issue, and FINALLY found everest, which helped me get a sound driver, even though i wasn't really looking for one (although i was going to be looking for it eventually).

ANYWAYS, i tried the same thing with my video card drivers, however it keeps sending me to a page that doesn't list a driver, so i just navigate from there, but every driver i try to download, it says, "Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit."

I am at a loss here, because that's where everest sent me, yet it still says i don't need it, and i would really appreciate some type of help because i'm about to just pull my hair out and i don't know what to do.

Here are some details about my computer:

Operating system: Microsoft windows XP profesional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: EMACHINES
system Model: T5048A
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1918MB RAM
Page file: 86MB used, 3726MB available
DirectX Version: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Under the Display tab:

Device

Name:
Manufacturer: n/a
Chip Type: n/a
DAC Type: n/a
Approx. Total memory: n/a
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)

Drivers

Main Driver: vga.dll
Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (english)
Date: 8/10/2004
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Mini VDD: vga.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI version: unknown

The computer was recently reformatted because of certain things i just wanted to get rid of, and World of Warcraft worked with no problems, but now it wont work, so please help if you are able, i searched a few pages and couldn't see any recent problems like this, and i'm not sure if it is a video card problem or a driver problem, but can you please just tell me what to do or where to go because i'm done trying this all on my own.
Monitor:

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Display driver and world of warcraft
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
I would go to emachines website under support and find your model
T5048A
and then download the video driver from their site, such as here:

http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/video/D00612-001-002.exe

Its an Intel GPU as long as its stock.... if you added a graphics adapter you will have to crack the case open and look at it and tell us what it is such as nVidia 7300GS etc..

Whenever you need drivers...always start at manufacturers website and support. Unless a crappy company or obsolete system like 5+ years old , drivers are usually there to be found.

Good luck and see you back up on WoW soon ...I also play WoW!   ;)