Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP with a registry error POPUP  (Read 2619 times)

MUSTANGT281

HELP with a registry error POPUP
« on: May 22, 2005, 08:55:34 PM »

I have windows XP and i just cleaned my PC out. After all that work i keep getting the POPUP that says Message service Windows has a critical registry error, to fix the problem go to www.windowregfix.com. And i ran noadware and it found nothing but the popup keeps popping up no matter what i do. >:(

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: HELP with a registry error POPUP
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:04:33 PM »
    It sounds like you have some adware on your computer.
    The last place I'd be going to is the one recommended by the popup.
    Try http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

MUSTANGT281

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:45:54 PM »
    I didnt use the software i thought it was adware so i used my Noadware software and it found nothing.

hywaydave

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 10:04:53 PM »
    Download and install Ad-Aware (found at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/) See if that removes it.  Do you see anything in Add/Remove Programs referencing that? You can also scan your drive for any file containing the text "www.windowregfix.com", and if you feel confident enough editing the registry, you can search for "www.windowregfix.com" and remove any keys referencing it.  If you need additional help, you can reach me at ResourcePC.

Dave

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 07:39:41 AM »
    For those of you who are using Microsoft Windows XP, look into Windows Anti Spyware