Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Fan  (Read 2252 times)

Mulreay

Laptop Fan
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:15:41 PM »
My laptop Vista home pro, 2G ram, Advent, laptop, Intel 2duo T5250, graphics.. desktop performance for windows aero, gaming graphics... 3d business and gaming performance.

Blah blah blah

fan is making a strange noise. I have an 8" fan blowing into the side of my laptop on the left next to where the GPU is I think. I now have a strange fan noise like a buzz coming from the centre of my unit. I don't want to open it just in case I mess something up. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

xavier

Re: Laptop Fan
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »
The noise pblm. has to be corrected before a serious pblm. happens.If you cant do it yourself take it to a shop that works on laptops.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:07:48 AM »
If this started after you added this fan, sounds like the laptop fan is spinning too fast and/or can't cope with the extra pressure/airflow.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 05:06:58 AM »
If this started after you added this fan, sounds like the laptop fan is spinning too fast and/or can't cope with the extra pressure/airflow.

I gave the laptop a Fonzy style smack on the top. Bingo fan is working normal again. I moved the large fan as well just in case.
Cheers guy's.  :D

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:39:44 AM »
Well, it's a good thing you took xavier's advice.   ::)

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

xavier

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 09:27:17 AM »
Good to hear, hopfully you wont say Bingo its doing it again.