Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new mobo cpu cooler and hdd  (Read 2471 times)

computeruler

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
new mobo cpu cooler and hdd
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
So I need a new motherboard, but I figured while Im at it I might as well get a new cpu cooler for overclocking and hard drive just cause mine is too small and slow.
motherboard
I just need something basic that can slightly overclock, mabye to about 3ghz. Just one question first. Is there a big difference in performance if I have a pcie2 card in pcie1?

cpu cooler
I really have no idea at all.  Something to overclock my q6600 and keep it at a good temp.  Idle the temps are 36,33,36,33.
Running prime 95 for maybe not even 10min, 2 cores had fire things.  The temps were 51, 48 ,51, 48.  No way I am going to overclock  with this cpu cooler.
So anyone have any good suggestions?

hdd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145233
The reviews sound good and people say its faster then a raid 0 array and as fast if not faster then a wd raptor. 

Oh and I have around $150 plus another $200 my parents owe me but I dont want to spend it all

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: new mobo cpu cooler and hdd
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »
ASUS P5K....

I don't have RAID setup on any of my machines...to me it's not worthwhile for the small increase in speed.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

computeruler

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: new mobo cpu cooler and hdd
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:56:24 AM »
ok thanks