Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: compaq 700us screen problem  (Read 2594 times)

gregdojcsak

compaq 700us screen problem
« on: May 28, 2005, 10:09:38 PM »
Hey guys!
Thx for everyone who reads my problem.. I am just looking for ideas and some of you are really experienced hopefully, you guys can help me out. Anyway I got this laptop and the AC connector at the back was becoming loose. I didn't want to wait for a new power jack so I decided to solder the power the the motherboard. So I did, now I am not good at all and while I was testing the soldering I did touch some of the components of the motherboard around the power plug area and it did some sparkling. After I put all the components together. Suprisingly the laptop turned on except the screen. The screen is totally black. Sometimes if I look really close I can see the desktop, but it is soo dark that I can only see the start menu if I look really really closely. There is a svga plug in the back of the laptop so I decided to plug my svga monitor into it. And it works fine. I personally think its one of the components on the motherboard... because the screen was working fine 1 day ago. But I really care about anyones opinion. Please Just positive feedbacks. Everyone makes mistakes...

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: compaq 700us screen problem
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 07:06:42 AM »
When you say that you saw sparks, did you ground the electricity from your body first? What sparked? Also, if the power pack was just loose, then it still worked, right?

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 09:26:07 AM by flame »

gregdojcsak

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 09:17:33 AM »
No the power didn't work when the ac jack was loose, sparking came from when I was playing with the ac adapter power cord when it was plugged in, I accedently didn't mount the power cable right and it did touch some of the components around that area and made some sparking, when it touched it. Thx for the reply.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 09:31:04 AM »
Well, if it sparked when you were "playing" woth the cord, then that's different, but when you touched the components, and they sparked, that would be becuase you did not groudn the eletricity from your body, right? Also, check your video card... Mayeb that got "shot-out"...

[glb]Flame[/glb]