Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lode runner  (Read 4634 times)

prw7of8

lode runner
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:10:15 PM »
I downloaded and paid for "lode runner, the legend continues" by Sierra.  I am having problems getting it to finish installing. I read about and downloaded "dosbox", but have no idea what to do with it. my os is xp professional. this is killing me. I finally find lode runner and cant play it.

Mulreay

Re: lode runner
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
Ok this may take a minute...

Ok first thing install Dosbox... lets pretend you have done that.

Now you need to make a folder for your games. I call mine 'oldgames' create a folder called oldgames and save it to the C drive. So when you click on Computer you will see on your hard drive a folder named you guessed it oldgames.

Now save your game into that folder. Make sure it's name is less than 8 characters.

Now start up dosbox

type mount c c:\oldgames

type c:

you should now have C:\

type cd yourgamesname
cd means change directory then put a space and type in the games name that you have saved in oldgames. (no longer than 8 characters)

It should then look like this
C:\yourgamesname>
You have now changed the directory.

Ok the most important bit. The game must have a .EXE file. Type in the name of that file not the .exe bit just the file name. And............. BINGO! Jobs a goodun.

Let me know if you need some more help.