Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card upgrade question for Toshiba laptop  (Read 8040 times)

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Video card upgrade question for Toshiba laptop
    « Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »
    which is mainly about the only thing that can be used.  Also any cards as well.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

hejlik

Hopeful

• Have a GREAT day!!
      « Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »
      Their are some laptops that the video card can be upgraded. I know because I had one and upgraded it. But the options for upgrading my video card were very limiting. In other words it really wasn't much of an upgrade. In my case, it was a matter of replacing a dead video card, I got the better card because it was the same price.

A new video card for a laptop is NOT cheap. Over $350 for mine. I would follow the advice given and invest in a desktop.   Laptop just aren't made for gaming. Sure, you can buy high end laptops that will perform ok, but at a much higher cost than a desktop.  
      Dan

No matter where you go    there you are.

ASUS P5B DELUXE, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800, GeForce 7900GS, SeaSonic EPS12V 500W Power Supply, Western Digital Caviar 160GB SATA Hard Drive

smeezekitty

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
      are you sure about exchanging processors?

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
      if they are the same socket and same type, like intel, yes