Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PSU check  (Read 2795 times)

ginnie2010

Topic Starter

Rookie
    PSU check
    « on: September 07, 2009, 11:43:48 PM »
    Is there a good way to check and make sure that my PSU is putting out the power it is supposed to be putting out? I wrote the "no video signal" feed and I did some research and found that a "no beep" from the computer could mean a PSU issue. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: PSU check
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:12:38 AM »
    There are PSU testers out there...
    However the cheapest and easiest solution would be to borrow one of the same or greater wattage and swap it in there overnight and do some testing...
    If the symptoms go away it's the PSU...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:46:21 AM »
    A good PSU tester may cost as much as a low end PSU.
    But if you still want to get one, check out Amazon. They have lower prices that some of the other stores that sell PSU testers.   :)

ginnie2010

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
      Thanks, I will check that out.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »
        you could get a voltage meter but it would take a while to learn to use it
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

ginnie2010

Topic Starter

Rookie
          « Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:08:32 PM »
          I take it you mean, multimeter. Thanks, I decided not to be lazy and looked at the schmatics for the motherboard and the PSU. Should be able to get something that way, I was just looking for an easier route.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:49:57 AM »
            not going to be too much of one, sorry :(
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres