Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2182 times)

Dragonkai

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 10, 2005, 04:51:31 PM »
Ok ill start from the start, i checked out what php was so i found what it was, so i tried to get to a site which will let me php stuff like apache website. I looked around and it said for Windows Xp users you will have to use Microsoft Service pack 1a so i downloaded it, when i finished downloaded it. it went on about a serial code on the back of my cd. I WAS LIKE WHAT THE???? WHAT CD???? WHAT SERIAL NUMBER???? i kinda figured that i probably neeeded to buy it. Why the heck did they put the serial number after i installed it and now i cant do anything except go on the internet by clicking the help button on the serial place (like sends me to Microsoft page and tells me if i want to buy more of these). My computer was already a microsoft i dont know what pack it is but.... it was a pretty stupid thing to do aye? well it didnt come to my mind that i needed to use windows auto update to do this... but all i wanted to host a website. so i tried searching the web to find some serials that might help me.... none worked. Im gonna try and go and buy a serial next but really isnt it unfair i have to do that. I AM ENTITLED TO THE SERVICE PACKS BECAUSE I ALREADY HAD A SERVICE PACK BEFORE! all i didnt do is use the auto update...... I dont want to reinstall my computer because its got alot of important software on it. Now it seems hopeless if anyone has a serial for me PLEASE ANSWER THIS.... this is the first website that i thought to contact because it was the start of how this problem started. I know i should contact mircosoft or something but like they dont have forums and FAQ dont have anything about it. And anyway why would they help me. B ut im wondering WHY THE HECK DID THEY PUT THEIR SERIAL AFTER I INSTALLED IT. Yes partly it is my fault..... but if anyone could help please answer this... and if i dont reply to this please go to my web site at www.dragonkai.tkDragonkai and type the code into my guest book. If you cant help me at least you went to the trouble of reading this....

Quite a proble aye?
oh and my email wouldnt work because im stcuk like this so go to my webby and do it

merlin_2

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »
do you mean the  product key.........is should be on your pc......on the side or  back of it....<<<label>>>with msoft on it..or do you mean......like msoffice......it on the back of the box.....reg......no......try this >http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:08:41 PM by merlin_2 »

Gustaaf

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 06:33:04 AM »
Well, I dont think this computerhope.com has a policy of helping people with serial codes and product keys.

1) If you have a original manufacturer PC eg. DELL, HP whatever, phone the helpdesk.
2) If you purchased the XP box, then you most definately will have a product key inside the cardboard holder.
3) If it is some kind of clone pc with windows XP preinstalled, then look for a file called on WINNT.SIF you will find a product key in there. That is asuming that it was not deleted during some script.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 07:19:03 AM »
You sound like the homeless guy last week who was trying to get me to give him pennies.