Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can't get PPJoy off my system no matter what I try.  (Read 6373 times)

Graphic

Topic Starter

Rookie

I can't get PPJoy off my system no matter what I try.
    « on: September 25, 2009, 08:08:59 PM »
    And I think it's causing my games to freeze.  I tried it before in order to get L2 and R2 on the PS3 controller to work like triggers on the PC.  It didn't work, and it made games freeze when I tried using the PS3 controller.  I thought I got rid of it then, now that other games are freezing too, I'm noticing it's not actually gone and I cant for the life of me get rid of the freaking thing.

First of all there's no uninstall executable, just a txt file labelled "uninstal" (second L missing).  It has its own program in the control panel.  It doesn't show up on Programs and Features for me to uninstall.  I searched the windows folder for PPJoy and deleted what I could out of despiration, but its still there.  It keeps showing up in device manager in some form or another.  First it was "unknown devices", now its in "Sound, Video, and Game controllers".  It shows up as "Parallel Port Joystick Bus".

I'm heavily leaning towards this being whats freezing my games, since games started freezing as soon as I hooked it up for use with the PS3 controller, it would seem other games don't like having it on the system at all.  But I'm NOT looking for trouble shooting on the freezing, I'll worry about that if I narrow it down to that.  All I want right now is this crap off my computer.

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: I can't get PPJoy off my system no matter what I try.
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:07 AM »
    Have you searched at all on Google to see if there's a removal tool or what exactly you need to uninstall?

Griff

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
      Re: I can't get PPJoy off my system no matter what I try.
      « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:09:32 AM »
      Try installing PPJoy, one last time. Then, goo into the control panel and try uninstalling it from there. Sometimes Windows might hiccup when uninstalling stuff and miss a few things that still affect the system. Reinstalling PPJoy will replace all of the logs and settings files, so the uninstaller can try to properly remove it again.
      Don't forget to give thanks if I was able to help ya! Please?