Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A Computer dummy needs helps  (Read 13579 times)

rejoicing1

Re: A Computer dummy needs helps
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 12:16:59 PM »
Rejoicing1, if you read back you will see the poster
(cassia Patricio) asked a question completely out of context, this is called hijacking a thread.
I only advised them to start their own thread so that better results are achieved for all.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Fed. Everlearning one here!!!!LOLOL!!!
Hard for me to keep up on forums but they sure are neat!!!
I did put a bid on a Sealed New Windows98SE CD........we will see if I get it now.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2005, 10:28:45 AM »

<--- wonders how it's going for Rejoicing

rejoicing1

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »

<--- wonders how it's going for Rejoicing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well here I am, the long lost rejoicing1 !!! I finally bought a Windows98 CD. YEAH!!!!!! sealed and new. It isn't the Second Edition, but hubby said we have the upgrade and can use that once we install 98. He is gone to Oregon for  a funeral of a friend and as soon as he comes back we will be bombarding this forum for HELP!!.......Computer play will be shelved until next week. Hope you are all fine. Sister on the improve each day. Thanks for your prayers.
rejoicing1

Raptor

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2005, 09:07:40 AM »
Second hand Windows 98 CD's are sold at very low prices.

merlin_2

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2005, 09:08:23 AM »
i bet its no sound..and display graphics settings>>you will be asked if you wish to make a startup disk..take the option>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 09:11:01 AM by merlin_2 »

rejoicing1

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2005, 10:21:41 AM »
Second hand Windows 98 CD's are sold at very low prices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I actually paid $36. for it on Ebay.......are you going to pop my balloon and tell me it wasn't a good buy? Wahhhhhhhhh......here is the link. I guess I will have to upgrade after I install it? I do have the Windows 98 upgrade.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7158023722&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2005, 08:05:31 PM »
Rejoicing One:

Good to hear from you!  $36.00 for a never used Windows 98 is a steal in my book.  :)

Glad to hear your sister is doing a little better.  I'll keep asking God to get her through whatever comes her way.  She is blessed to have a sister who cares for her as you do.

If you think of it, pray for my wife.  She has been freakin' out since we got the bad news that my employer is eliminating my job (and those of 100 others in my job classification).  I'm hopeful i'll be able to start a career in information technology (i.e. working with computers and computer networks).

May God bless your socks off!
Doc

rejoicing1

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 09:21:58 AM »
Rejoicing One:

Good to hear from you!  $36.00 for a never used Windows 98 is a steal in my book.  :)

Glad to hear your sister is doing a little better.  I'll keep asking God to get her through whatever comes her way.  She is blessed to have a sister who cares for her as you do.

If you think of it, pray for my wife.  She has been freakin' out since we got the bad news that my employer is eliminating my job (and those of 100 others in my job classification).  I'm hopeful i'll be able to start a career in information technology (i.e. working with computers and computer networks).

Doc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sure will be praying that the right job will come along.........and it WILL.God never allows a door to be closed without opening another.....
He has promised to supply ALL, yes, ALL our needs!!!

I am hoping that the CD will work just fine.........time will tell!!

JohnK

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2005, 08:43:38 AM »
It's a good thing that you have the Windows 98 SE upgrade CD. You are lucky that you don't have to keep using the first edition. That's what I'm using, and it sucks! Of course, it's still better than Windows 95...  :)

rejoicing1

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2005, 11:13:12 AM »
It's a good thing that you have the Windows 98 SE upgrade CD. You are lucky that you don't have to keep using the first edition. That's what I'm using, and it sucks! Of course, it's still better than Windows 95...  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good morning all. I am ready now to try and play around with my old computer. I bought a fdisk to reformat and the 98 windows operating system. Here is what I am getting when I put in the Fdisk........I get passed the part where it says I want to use the " Large Disk support"...........and to " Create Primary DOS partition".................it then says, " Create Primary DOS partition"................Current Fixed Disk Drive......................Part:C:1, Status: A, Type: Pri DOS, mbytes:9782,Syst: FAT32, Use:100%........and then it says " Primary Partition already exists....................now what??????????? This may not make sense to anyone.....but going to chance sending it on......I guess what I am saying is apparently I need to format this computer before I install the Windows98 CD.............right?
Confused this morning but wanting to learn.........

rejoicing1

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2005, 11:14:19 AM »
Rejoicing One:

Doc

PAGING " PCDocforChrist".............PAGING PCDOC.........

rejoicing1

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2005, 01:12:25 PM »
PAGING " PCDocforChrist".............PAGING PCDOC.........

I DID IT, I DID IT , I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reformatted, and installed the Windows98!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself right now!!!!!!!!!!!!Watch out computer world. HERE I COME!!!!

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2005, 08:27:41 AM »
Rejoicing One:

Sorry i didn't respond; i've been preoccupied with my job search.  Funny how a semi-crisis will change one's own perspective.  

Glad to hear you figured it out!

Still praying for you and your sister.

God bless,
Doc

rejoicing1

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2005, 07:24:14 PM »
Rejoicing One:

Sorry i didn't respond; i've been preoccupied with my job search.  Funny how a semi-crisis will change one's own perspective.  

Glad to hear you figured it out!

Still praying for you and your sister.

God bless,
Doc

Thankyou for your prayers. I often think of you and your family also.
Did you find a job? Glad our MASTER TECH knows all about every detail of our lives.
rejoicing1

blue_caddy

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2005, 07:59:14 PM »
glad to here you got it running wasnt hard lol anyways take care      blue