Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: URGENT : Boot Failure .  (Read 1890 times)

marek122

URGENT : Boot Failure .
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »
Hey guys. I got a problem with this old PC of mine. I can't determine it's model or anything, not even talking about motherboard type. I recently got this PC back, was at my countryside for ages, so it was giving me the BIOS beeps that my VGA card is broken or missing. So I took that out, cleaned it from dust and put it back in. Lost that problem. Then I started getting boot failure errors. One error lead to another one. At the boot screen I was told that "Boot Failure, please insert a proper boot device blehlbehbleh and press any key". What the *censored* am I supposed to do? I've tried everything.

PS : When I inserted Win XP installation CD, it took me to the blue screen ( win installation screen ) so I deleted the formation C: and it started formatting aso. Everything ran smooth until it got done with formatting.. Apart from starting to install the operation system, it took me back to the formatting screen, like it didn't complete it before.

This is really urgent thing, I know that there are other people with their problems too, but if I wont get this PC done ASAP I have to give one of my notebooks away - and no, I don't want to do that . >_<

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: URGENT : Boot Failure .
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »
Drive should be verified that it is set as Master or CS ( Cable Select ). You could also be looking at a bad drive. I would run check disk on this drive. You should be able to use the CD to get to the Windows installation menu and select F3 I believe to exit the installation and out to a DOS prompt. At the prompt run chkdsk c:
If you have a spare drive kicking around that is known to be good, I would swap the drives out and try to install and see if that helps.

To begin with issues such as video card at the get go, isnt good. It is not a common problem! You may have a bummed drive or another hardware issue.

Also has this system also ever run Windows XP before, that is, is this system new enough of hardware and meets the minimum system requirements of Pentium II 233Mhz and 128MB Ram, and 5GB Minimum Hard Drive.