Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battery Issue  (Read 1902 times)

krachel025

Battery Issue
« on: December 06, 2009, 09:22:03 PM »
I've got a Dell Inspiron 1720. It's about a year and a half old.
-Windows Vista
-Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5750
-2GB RAM

Recently replaced both the battery and the ac adapter last month, the adapter is dell, the battery is a third party item.

The battery worked fine when I first got it, but last week when I unplugged my laptop it simply shut off. I've removed the battery, the laptop still works fine. The battery has a full charge, and after letting it sit separate for a few days I plugged the battery back in and it would charge. It's as though the computer won't use the battery, but will charge it. In the power controls it recognizes the battery, says it is idle. What can I do to troubleshoot/solve my battery issues? And, should I leave it in my computer for now or keep it separate?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Battery Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:21:27 AM »
I've got a Dell Inspiron 1720. It's about a year and a half old.
-Windows Vista
-Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5750
-2GB RAM

Recently replaced both the battery and the ac adapter last month, the adapter is dell, the battery is a third party item.

The battery worked fine when I first got it, but last week when I unplugged my laptop it simply shut off. I've removed the battery, the laptop still works fine. The battery has a full charge, and after letting it sit separate for a few days I plugged the battery back in and it would charge. It's as though the computer won't use the battery, but will charge it. In the power controls it recognizes the battery, says it is idle. What can I do to troubleshoot/solve my battery issues? And, should I leave it in my computer for now or keep it separate?

I'd return the battery and purchase a new battery from Dell.