Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless connection problems please help (Windows XP)  (Read 2158 times)

confusedddddd

Wireless connection problems please help (Windows XP)
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:51:51 PM »
I have an Averatec computer; it was bought somewhere in Europe and was given to me as a gift. I tried hooking up the wireless connection for the INTERNET set (I have a quest wireless modem and that seems to work perfectly for ones bought in America) but only the Ethernet plug in seems to work. When I try the wireless connection the screen will show that it has very good connection for about five seconds then bad for three seconds. I've tried to download new drivers for it but it is still doing the same thing. What should I do??????

theripster

Rookie

Re: Wireless connection problems please help (Windows XP)
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
    I don't have an answer for you, but I do have some questions that will probably come up.  You say you're running Windows XP. 

XP Pro or XP Home edition?  What service pack is installed?

Are you hooking the wirless up thru a USB port?  I'm not fully versed on the wirless setup.  Does it need to be installed?  If you look in the device manager does it show your wireless device?