Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost !!!  (Read 2819 times)

jonathanakanarin

Lost !!!
« on: February 18, 2005, 06:22:30 PM »
I need help.  ???
The metal sleeve that the motherboard lays on has been taken out of the computer. ???
The motherboard is disconnected from the sleeve.
I can find no ways to get it back on. ???
Are there any web sites with pictorial guides or useful forum users that could help.
Any help would be appreciated! :-[

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Lost !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 06:30:31 PM »
Have you contacted your computer manufacturer? Also, what about the user's manual that SHOULD have come with your computer?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 05:13:57 PM »
Do you mean the side of the case?in which the mobo is attached to..what is the problem be more informative if you can.

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 05:14:35 PM »
I got my mother board back on. But thanks anyways. Now my problem is either:

1) The power plugs for the on switch aren't in the right place ( very probable since my newbie self didn't lable the wires { kicks self } ) In which case could anyone help at all.

or

2)I've hosed my motherboard with static electricity. ( less likely since I kept my hand grounded on the case at all times ) In which case I'll give it to my computer class.

FYI- The computer was given to me by an uncle, which put the computer together, so no information on the system board or computer wiring was given. And if it breaks or whatever it doesn't really matter, I'm just trying to learn about computers and stuff. So I wont be buying any more computer stuff just yet.  *phew*