Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Download Windows 7  (Read 3225 times)

Briguy

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Download Windows 7
    « on: December 01, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »
    I would like to know where to download a genuine English version of Windows 7 Professional? I already have the COA sticker so I just need the software.

If someone knows please let me know as it's hard to sift through all the non genuine software.

Thanks!

neelchauhan

Re: Download Windows 7
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:09:04 PM »
    You can call Microsoft for a replacement disc.
    There is no genuine download of Windows 7 unless you pay for it and get it at microsoft.com.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
    How does one get the sticker...
    withoyut getting the CD?    :o

They are sold together. Is that no so?

Please tell us. Curious minds want to know.

Briguy

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »
      I took a coa sticker from a computer that was going to the trash.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 02:29:32 PM »
      You found a Windows 7 COA on a computer headed for the trash? I don't think so.

Briguy

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »
        It was a laptop from our tech bench. It was destroyed because a customer dropped it and it's not worth putting money into it. So they said I could have the sticker.

2x3i5x

Expert
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:52:08 PM »
        So the sticker has that product key and you can use it as long as you get the right software that they key was meant for?

Well, as for getting a free copy of windows 7 off the net, you can try the Microsoft 90 day Windows 7 Enterprise trial. Maybe you can somehow convert the trial into a full version?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »
        It was a laptop from our tech bench. It was destroyed because a customer dropped it and it's not worth putting money into it. So they said I could have the sticker.
        Did the Laptop have overextended Warranty?  Some have accident insurance also. And you can use the service tag and serial number to get help from the maker of the laptop. Even tho it was destroyed, they may be able you help you salvage some parts of it, including the HDD and the Windows 7 re-load.

As for the product key, the manufacturer bought it from MS for use only on the PCs they make. It hass no transferability to PCs made by other manufactures.

The above comment is based on a conversation with the MS activation support. But you could try talking to them and see if there is some remedy. It is a shame not t be able to recover some material from the laptop, especially a professional version of Windows 7.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »
        There are plenty of official Windows 7 download links. Surely, you need to buy a license..

Windows 7 ISO Direct Download Links: http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/index.php?showtopic=38032
        Windows 7 32-Bit (x86) Direct Download Links: http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/index.php?showtopic=37786
        Windows 7 64-Bit (x64) Direct Download Links: http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/index.php?showtopic=37818