Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Virus I think, need help.  (Read 3096 times)

Matt002

Topic Starter

Starter

Computer Virus I think, need help.
    « on: December 04, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »
    Well I left my computer on last night by mistake, when I woke up I have noticed that "Antivirus" was running and I have never downloaded or installed that before, I use AVG, not antivirus. Anyways when I tried to open anything up like "My Computer" or anything else.  I keep getting the error message saying something like"it cannot be open, file is infected, Run antivirus now?" Theres also a blue and white stripped shield with the other icons by the clock.

I can't do anything on my PC now, it disabled AVG on me as well. Any help would be great.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:34:44 PM by Matt002 »

TheUnixGuy

Beginner

Re: Computer Virus I think, need help.
      « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:36:07 AM »
      Hello,

I would check if things worked in the Safe Mode with Networking. Not much info is available about "Antivirus" on the web. Did you mean the notorius "Antivirus 2009"? However on XP (as your profile suggests), boot into Safe Mode with Networking, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and run a full scan.

Good Luck
      When it rains, most birds head for shelter; Eagle is the only bird that flies above the clouds to avoid rain.

Matt002

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:38:09 PM »
        Alright. Could I download it to a flash drive and copy and paste it to the infected computer? I'm not at home right now.

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Dribbling Pensioner
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 12:35:07 PM »
        Alright. Could I download it to a flash drive and copy and paste it to the infected computer? I'm not at home right now.

go to this page and do as you said above and start a new topic

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html