Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word File Location  (Read 2076 times)

McGuire

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Word File Location
    « on: December 22, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »
    I create a Word file document, save it (wmt09.docx) and send it out as an attachment in an email.  The email recipeint replies with some changes to the document.  I make some further changes to the document and press save in Word.  Now this time, it has been saved elsewhere.  My original "wmt09.docx" is as I originally wrote it without any changes.  I did a search for it and it didn't show up.  Is there a temp folder or somewhere else it may have gone?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Word File Location
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »
    temporary internet files, under a completely random name.

EDIT: just reopen it using word and save it elsewhere. Use the recent documents list.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

McGuire

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »
      Well, couldn't find it in temp internet files.  I'll have to open it again, like you said, make the changes again (2 hours of work) and save it as ... .  Thing is, I knew better than just press save and then close the document.

Thanks.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:55:23 PM »
      Well, couldn't find it in temp internet files.  I'll have to open it again, like you said, make the changes again (2 hours of work) and save it as ... .  Thing is, I knew better than just press save and then close the document.

Thanks.

I mean, reopen the document, using words recently used list.

if you save the file, it appears on this list- the list that shows when you click the office button thing in the top left of Word 2007 (which I assume your using, based on the docx extension).

it will still have the changes, and you can use save as to save it elsewhere.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.