Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 2501 times)

danie2190

HELP!!!!
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
I Have an e machine about a year old, it has been shutting itself off, i thought it was a virus b/c i could hear the fan running so ruled out over heating and so i ran webroots scrubber and wiped out my hard drive, when i loaded vista i am still faced with the same problem any suggestions? it will run the scrubber disk but when i load windows it shuts off..
thanks for any suggestions

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:28:24 PM »
Just because the fan is running doesn't mean it's too hot. How recently have you cleaned it? Did you install any new drivers?
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

t_blake07

Apprentice
    Re: HELP!!!!
    « Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:00:05 AM »
    I Have an e machine about a year old, it has been shutting itself off, i thought it was a virus b/c i could hear the fan running so ruled out over heating and so i ran webroots scrubber and wiped out my hard drive, when i loaded vista i am still faced with the same problem any suggestions? it will run the scrubber disk but when i load windows it shuts off..
    thanks for any suggestions

Just because the fan is running, doesn't mean it's NOT over heating. More than likely your CPU is over heating by the time it get to the point where it actually loads Vista. Are you sure the actual computer is shutting off and not just the Monitor?