Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Made in China...  (Read 4018 times)

Dead Reckon

Made in China...
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:17:23 AM »
It seems everything made in China is becoming less like something you will have ten years later thinking "Man that was a good buy" and more like something you'll end up throwing away two years later thinking "Why did I waste my money?". The reason for this rant? The TV my grandmother got used from the Hotel Roanoke for $25 which she works at as a waitress just died.

There are of course, health risks to things made outside of this country. Some less apparent than others. For instance, a refrigerator sold in the US made in Mexico with Chinese parts will likely contain enough lead to overtime become harmful to ones health. The first generation of Toyota and Honda full sized pickup trucks suffered from weakened structural integrity due to low grade steel, which would cause the frame to snap under the truck when load was put on it. Usually right where the cab meets the bed. And now the Chinese have even come out with there own version of the poor mans iPhone. Before you know it everything will be owned by Jin Wan or To Fu (Just examples, not real companies) electronics and rebranded as something that's "Made in the US of A!".

To what end do we put up with these horrible products? I mean, *censored*, the food in the USA isn't even FROM the USA! Every product I see is from South America, frozen, or canned, then shipped here. Usually prefilled with hormones, and lots of other yummy artificial crap. Although, the things currently built here aren't that impressive either. Our automobiles, for example, are built to compete with imports to the point where they are just as horribly built as 'em. American cars are just now being equipped with age old technology like four wheel independent suspension, and four wheel disk brakes. I think I should pass a Veto to rename this country the United States of Whatever is cheap enough. Although I'd probably be shot, lynched, burned, and dragged down a road behind a beat up ford F150 for trying. Everyone is caught up in the whole "Proud to be American" mindset without even thinking "What is America?". Its the decaying relic of a once great but ultimately flawed two hundred and some odd year old idea.

America, land of the Cheap, home of the Mexicans.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Made in China...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:23:30 AM »
Everyone is caught up in the whole "Proud to be American" mindset e Cheap, home of the Mexicans.

I'm not.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Dead Reckon

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:25:02 AM »
Well that makes two of us, Un-Americans Unite! I mean, that's the term they use if you call the Dicta- I mean President an idiot, so I guess it applies here.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:25:12 AM »
What's your problem? I've found most of your posts to be borderline moronic, but this one is simply offensive.

Dead Reckon

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:26 AM »
What's your problem? I've found most of your posts to be borderline moronic, but this one is simply offensive.

The truth is offensive because few people will agree that it is the truth, so instead they become offended thinking there way is right. So, is this to say that you've been E-stalking me and just now decided to say something? I think your one of those patriots I mentioned...

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:48:08 AM »
I think your one of those patriots I mentioned...
And proud of it. I fought for my country - so idiots like you could complain about living here.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
Well that makes two of us, Un-Americans Unite! I mean, that's the term they use if you call the Dicta- I mean President an idiot, so I guess it applies here.

Err...

I'm not "proud to be american" simply because I'm Canadian...

THAT, I am proud of :)

And proud of it. I fought for my country - so idiots like you could complain about living here.

Oh! you'll love this! you'll love his theories! Yep, he didn't go to school because it is apparently a brainwashing tool! hahaha

the list goes on, actually. It's almost all just a huge excuse for him to do nothing and expect everything. Oh! Oh! I can't get a job because of this economy! and yet previously I believe he said the economic slowdown was a hoax... so which was it?

The truth is offensive because few people will agree that it is the truth,

It's funny; you'll willingly believe everything in a conspiracy oriented video without question, and yet when it comes to anything else you'll question it's validity. Why does your BS filter shut-off when you watch the videos, and read the books? what makes them any more trustworthy? All they are doing is building up an ALTERNATE truth from facts that they know. Do they make sense? On the surface, they do.

For example, that ridiculous notion that 9/11 was some sort of inside job. I gave it some thought before; it seemed plausible, but you know what, it's utterly ridiculous, because the stated facts that "prove" it are in fact concluded themselves from other conspiracy theories. Basically all you believe is lie upon lie designed to sell more books, like that retard who writes about how the entire world is run by lizard people. Quite an imagination on that one. It's all for the pursuit of truth, of course. the millions of dollars he gets from book sales has totally nothing to do with it.

People find your posts offensive/moronic for just  that reason. they aren't the "truth" they are the ramblings of a job-less adolescent who *censored* and complains about everything, adds a dark pessimism to any topic, and complains about how the world is going to *censored*, and yet at the same time is content to simply stand around and complain about it, rather then actually doing something about it. The first step of which would be to actually provide any sort of reasonable argument to persuade others, rather then come off as some dark gothy "everything sucks" stereo-type that one might gather from your posts, which completely demolishes any sort of credibility you would otherwise have.

You believe we're all being "fooled" and "having the wool over our eyes" to these issues, and are being "brainwashed" by the media, and yet you fail to consider that perhaps the opposite is true; perhaps the people making these videos and books are really just trying to make money off hopeless goofballs looking for an excuse to why they have nothing. Of course they won't have anything unless they actually do something about it themselves, rather then try to redirect the blame to others. This perspective is only further strengthened by the aforementioned "OMG somebody needs to stop these people while I spout off nonsense in forums" concept.

It's really quite a freudian case. And unfortunately your similar to another forum member who I've had the pleasure to deal with on TDWTF forums, spectateswamp (www.thestupidestmanonearth.com) for a quick overview; http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/t/13917.aspx?PageIndex=1 is the thread.

Anyway, to summarize, ol' swampie has it through his head that his search tool, a steaming pile of goat crap, is somehow the answer to the worlds problems.

He refuses to accept any evidence to the contrary, and anything given that supports his arguments are evangelized.

I'm mentioned this before; and it's how conspiracy theorists in general work. They think up some ridiculous idea; and THEN they look for evidence to support it. Unfortunately I think they may have gotten that whole "scientific theory" concept a bit backwards; conclusion comes AFTER observation, you don't make a conclusion and then try to observe ways it's true, that's called "bias". On the other hand, Francis Bacon was obviously a government agent who devised the scientific theory purely to keep the "real truth" (that is, conclusions first, observations only made to prove it) away from us.

This is proved easily simply by how they operated with regards to the 9/11 attacks. They came up with a theory, say, for example, flight 93 was hit by a missile! the trade tower was a controlled demolition!

They come up with these ideas BEFORE ACTUALLY LOOKING AT ANY FACTS. they then pore through the various pictures, and texts, add those that support their theory, and simply throw out the statements and pictures that disprove it on the basis that they are OBVIOUSLY faked.

After the theory that a missile hit one of the planes was "widely accepted" by the chosen few enlightened ones; evidence brought forth to them on a wider scale was met, not with open debate, but PERSONAL THREATS against the people. Yeah, that's a way to get the truth. threaten people.

My personal favourite was in that video you linked us to quite some time ago. It made some interesting claims.

it displayed the whole "neatly cut beams" of one of the towers. What it failed to mention was that the beams were in fact cut by recovery workers after the collapse. Oh... sorry, those workers are liars, right? they must be. God forbid there be any sort of observation or proper research made before a conclusion.

http://www.layscience.net/node/124

http://www.layscience.net/?q=node/142

control the grain.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 08:10:23 AM »
There are of course, health risks to things made outside of this country. Some less apparent than others. For instance, a refrigerator sold in the US made in Mexico with Chinese parts will likely contain enough lead to overtime become harmful to ones health.
Source?

The first generation of Toyota and Honda full sized pickup trucks suffered from weakened structural integrity due to low grade steel

Source?

And now the Chinese have even come out with there own version of the poor mans iPhone.
Source?

I mean, *censored*, the food in the USA isn't even FROM the USA!
I'd like to see you grow bananas in the USA.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »

People find your posts offensive/moronic for just  that reason. they aren't the "truth" they are the ramblings of a job-less adolescent who *censored* and complains about everything,

See BC, there's the difference between us. That one statement would have been enough for me ;D

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »
The reason for this rant? The TV my grandmother got used from the Hotel Roanoke for $25 which she works at as a waitress just died.

OK she bought a "USED" tv from a "HOTEL" for "$25" and it dies so you think America is a "Decaying Relic" and no one should be Proud to be an AMERICAN.

Maybe you should just pack your bags move else where.

Hey I bet there are a few hundred thousand Haitians that would love be where you are right now so maybe you should either shut-up or switch places with one of them. 
You can't fix Stupid!!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »
Religion and politics

Posts can be made in the off-topic section only about religion and politics as long as they're purely informative and contain no bias. This same rule applies to avatars, signatures, and private messages.

Enough.

Topic Closed.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "