Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: right mouse button  (Read 3144 times)

ianw700

Topic Starter

Starter

right mouse button
    « on: January 19, 2010, 03:22:42 AM »
    I am unable to use the right mouse button when on the internet. It works fine otherwise and the Control Panel says it is working perfectly. For example, I can't cut, paste, or copy from the internet but I can in Word or any other such program.

EEVIAC

Re: right mouse button
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:47:21 AM »
    Have you tried reinstalling/updating the mouse driver?

Click on the START button on the desktop, type "device manager", when you see it in the menu, click on it once... When device manager opens, look where it says, "mice and other pointing devices".  Click on the "+" sign next to that, right-click on the mouse in the submenu, click "uninstall" and restart the computer...  Test out the mouse, and if the problem remains, go back into device manager and click on the "update" option instead of the uninstall option...  If there is a better driver than the one you have, M$ will install it... If there isn't you'll continue to use the same driver you have now...

what is the make/model of the mouse?  Sometimes M$ update isn't reliable... You may be able to find a better driver for it from the manufacturer website..

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:58:50 AM »
    I am unable to use the right mouse button when on the internet. It works fine otherwise and the Control Panel says it is working perfectly. For example, I can't cut, paste, or copy from the internet but I can in Word or any other such program.

which browser are you using?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

ianw700

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »
      Hi,

Thanks for your help. Info I missed out is as follows. I'm using a Logitech cordless mouse RX650. I use Firefox and Windows7. Also I can't paste using the edit drop down menu either.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:54:07 AM »
      Does it work in IE?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »
      And what ver/ of FireFox ? ?

Help/About FireFox...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ianw700

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »
        Does it work in IE?

I've just tried that after reading your question and the answer is: yes, it does. Thank you. Now how can I get to work in Firefox which is the latest version?

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »
        Well, the only thing I can ghink of is there may be an add-on conflicting with the the mouse's proper operation. You might try Firefox Safe Mode and see what happens (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode). If everything works properly you'll have to figure out which add-on is causing the problem.

ianw700

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
          Thanks, Allan, I've gone into Safe Mode and disabled all the add-ons and things are working perfectly. I'll re-add the various add-ons one at a time and see what happens. Once again, thank you very much. Problem solved.