Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to create rasdial Batch file with redial?  (Read 13058 times)

vip

Topic Starter

how to create rasdial Batch file with redial?
    « on: January 13, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »

i forgot to mension for what purpose i made it. i make it to dial internet connection. in simlpe "rasdial" there is no option to redial so thats why i want to make a batch file which redial it until i connected to internet.

i created a batch file with name connect.bat with following parameters

@ECHO OFF
    rasdial "connection" user password

How can we again call connect.bat when error 678 or any other error happens.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:46:27 AM by vip »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: how to create rasdial Batch file with redial?
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 08:56:51 AM »
    May I ask what the application is for? Will help better understand how to make this work for you possibly as for I have played in this area of Computer Telecommunications before with other projects of my own. Such as a project that called me when a problem happened and told me what the problem was.

From this it looks like you are just trying to get connected with ISP maybe or another system modem to modem?

Thinking you may be able to supress the echo output of the error message and test it for connected text output or other, and if other  ( not matching a successful connection text output ) then goto beginning of batch to redial.

vip

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 06:49:53 AM »
      Thanks for your consideration.
      now my problem is solved through a software named "reconnect" its a freeware and fulfill my purpose.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jose1234

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 10:23:07 PM »
        add this:

if not errorlevel 0 (name of batchfile)