Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My machine is beeps when it's not suppose to?  (Read 2589 times)

frank0478

Topic Starter

Rookie
    My machine is beeps when it's not suppose to?
    « on: February 28, 2010, 07:32:35 AM »
    So for example, in msn when you are backspacing whatever text you have, by the time it's done a sound affect would pop. I use to have it, but a few days ago it just disappeared and it switched to my main machine beeping. Another case is when there's a warning sound, like a pop up if an error occurred Much like the sound from winrar, when you cancel file from extracting, i also get that annoying beep from my machine. Another example is in firefox when I use the "find" option and type in letters, if it doesn't find anything it'll start beeping where before it was sound from my speakers and now it's from the machine >: (

what exactly is up with this ? I didn't have this issue a few weeks back.
    I scanned for both virus and spyware, i'm clear of both.... what's going on?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: My machine is beeps when it's not suppose to?
      « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:50:40 AM »
      Could it be that you've accidentally turned on Sticky Keys?

Here's an explanation:

To turn on StickyKeys
      StickyKeys is designed for people who have difficulty holding down two or more keys simultaneously. When a shortcut requires a key combination, such as CTRL+P, StickyKeys will enable you to press a modifier key (CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT), or the Windows logo key (), and have it remain active until another key is pressed.

Open Accessibility Options.
      On the Keyboard tab, under StickyKeys, select the Use StickyKeys check box.
      To turn off StickyKeys, clear the Use StickyKeys check box.

Notes

To open Accessibility Options, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Accessibility Options.
      If the Use shortcut check box in the Settings for StickyKeys dialog box is selected, you can turn StickyKeys on or off by pressing the SHIFT key five times.
      For more information on changing StickyKeys options, click Related Topics.