Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fatal System error when booting  (Read 4252 times)

alemmon

Topic Starter

Starter

Fatal System error when booting
    « on: February 19, 2010, 11:21:43 AM »
    Yesterday, I left my computer idle for an hour or so and when I returned the screen was black but the LEDs in the moniter were still projecting so I restated my computer by holding down the power button. When it booted it said there was a fatal error c000021a ( 0xc0000001 and 0xc01004b0). I ran the diagnosic and it said that the error could not be repaired. System Integrity Check and repair came up with: error 0x490. It also said something about a boot critical file corrupt. When I try to run the sysem restore it wont pop up. I ran all other tests possible. I can't even get to my homescreen.
    My questions is; Is there a way that I can fix this problem without loosing all the information on my harddrive. I have a lot of very important fils I do not want to loose. Please help

HP Pavilion m9457c
    6Gb ram
    Intell Core 2 Quard core 2.8
    Windows Vistas 64 bit

flipflopjd

Beginner

Re: Fatal System error when booting
      « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 03:35:41 PM »
      [quoteYesterday, I left my computer idle for an hour or so and when I returned the screen was black][/quote]

Was it in hibernation?

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 04:30:24 PM »
      [quoteYesterday, I left my computer idle for an hour or so and when I returned the screen was black]

Was it in hibernation?

For starters... that is ridiculous and pointless. Read the message next time.

Yesterday, I left my computer idle for an hour or so and when I returned the screen was black but the LEDs in the moniter were still projecting so I restated my computer by holding down the power button. When it booted it said there was a fatal error c000021a ( 0xc0000001 and 0xc01004b0). I ran the diagnosic and it said that the error could not be repaired. System Integrity Check and repair came up with: error 0x490. It also said something about a boot critical file corrupt. When I try to run the sysem restore it wont pop up. I ran all other tests possible. I can't even get to my homescreen.
      My questions is; Is there a way that I can fix this problem without loosing all the information on my harddrive. I have a lot of very important fils I do not want to loose. Please help

HP Pavilion m9457c
      6Gb ram
      Intell Core 2 Quard core 2.8
      Windows Vistas 64 bit

So I assume you cannot start in 'Safe Mode'. Have you got your OS disk? You may need to boot from that and the chances are you may have to lose some stuff.

alemmon

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »
        Duplicate post

alemmon

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:59:44 PM »
          I managed to keep restarting until I could run it in safe mood. Problem is, it doesn't last very long. The moniter keeps going black at random. I though maybe someone was hijacking my computer so I unplugged the ethernet but the problem persists. The more I restart it the shorter the time gets before the display fails. I mangaged to put in my moniter disk and reisntalled the drivers. No help. Idk what is up.  :-\

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 12:29:51 AM »
          When was the last time, you cleaned inside the case?

jose1234

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »
            Do you have alot of files? It may have overloaded.

if not

Have you updated you're security and anti-virus recently?

Kings

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 12:36:56 AM »
              Do system restore from win re mode arrange for a os disk or you can do a custom installation. Install windows on same drive all your data will be backed up in windows.old folder and you can retrive it after installation from C: drive.