Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which is the better Graphics card?  (Read 3070 times)

alexma

Topic Starter

Beginner

Which is the better Graphics card?
    « on: February 22, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »
    I have a choice of two Graphics cards, a HIS X800, or Inno3D 9500 GT. Both are PCIe x16 interface. However, due to the HIS's size and large fan case I cannot access one of the PCI slots. (This is not a problem with the Inno3D as it is much slimmer) If I install it in my other PC it only covers a PCIe x1 slot which is not required. Can anyone tell me which card is the better spec. etc so I can make an informed decision as to which PC to install it in? Thanks in advance. Alexma
    Finding a grub in your apple, is not as bad as finding half a grub in..........

alan2273

Beginner
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Which is the better Graphics card?
      « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
      Whether the X800 is the pro or XT version it will be better than the 9500 GT.

alexma

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »
        alan, The MPN states it is a RX800XLICEQ, 256MB DDR3, if that helps?
        Finding a grub in your apple, is not as bad as finding half a grub in..........

2x3i5x

Expert
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:50:01 PM »
        I feel that the geforce 9500GT is better cuz of it's newer for one, but, compare the two links below to see what you think. (disregard the fact there's more memory on one, and that the manufacturers are different)

X800
        9500 GT

t_blake07

Apprentice
          « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
          According to the specs, the 9500 GT should be the better card. If your motherboard supports PCI Express 2.0, then this card would utilize it. It's DirectX 10, rather than 9, so you're covered there when playing newer games. It supports a higher resolution and is also SLI ready if you decide to buy another one to fill the other PCI slot that won't be hidden under the first card.

All that comes after the fact that the clock speeds and memory is greater on the 9500 GT.

t_blake07

Apprentice
            « Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 07:55:45 PM »
            alan, The MPN states it is a RX800XLICEQ, 256MB DDR3, if that helps?

256-bit Memory Interface. Not 256MB of memory. Only 128MB of memory. A quarter of the memory that's on the 9500 GT.

2x3i5x

Expert
            • Computer: Specs
            « Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:57:24 AM »
            Why do some people opt for a higher memory mount on slower memory for the same card?

I mean, if 1gb of ddr2 is put onto a 9500GT and another card exactly the same as first one except it's got 512 of DDR3 memory, they choose the 1gb card. Why?

t_blake07

Apprentice
              « Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 05:01:56 PM »
              Why do some people opt for a higher memory mount on slower memory for the same card?

I mean, if 1gb of ddr2 is put onto a 9500GT and another card exactly the same as first one except it's got 512 of DDR3 memory, they choose the 1gb card. Why?

Not sure why. But I know that both of these cards are DDR3 and the 9500 GT has a lot more of it.